GLUTEN FREE – WHAT CAN I EAT?
Yes some foods are eliminated – but there is so much else to choose from so you won’t feel deprived. Where once we had to hunt down foods via specialist shops or search online, gluten free alternatives are everywhere now. And of course a lot of favourite foods are naturally gluten free anyway.
So if your lifestyle or inclination means you are partial to ‘ping-it’ microwave meals then that’s catered for by the supermarkets. What often happens when you go gluten free though, is a new enjoyment and curiosity in cooking and nutrition develops. So you may find yourself going all ‘chefy’ or becoming addicted to gluten free cookbooks.
CAN I EAT IT?
AT A GLANCE – YES!
- Oat/corn/rice based breakfast cereals
- Meats and fish
- Cheese, butter, milk and eggs
- Milk, cream and yoghurt
- Fruit and vegetables
- Gluten Free pasta and rice noodles
- Herbs and spices
- Nut and dried fruits
- Rice, potatoes, pulses, beans
- Grain alternatives and flour alternatives
- Gluten Free Ready Meals and Cakes